Waymarker Hospitality believes in the importance of privacy and we are committed to the protection of our guests and visitors personal information.
This policy informs you of our collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our services and the choices you have associated with that data.
In this policy 'Waymarker' means Waymarker Hospitality Inc. and its affiliated companies which include, without limitation, the subsidiaries or parent companies which carry on business that use the following names; Waymarker Hospitality Inc, Waymarker Developments Inc. and operations related to Waymarker through a contract, management contract or lease. The words 'we' and 'Waymarker' do not include any third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of any services.
By using our services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services to you.
Types of Data Collected
We may collect and receive your personal information when you:
- Make a reservation online, by email, or by telephone at a Waymarker Hospitality managed property, with a recognized tour agent/operator partner, online travel agent, re-seller, or by using other Waymarker services.
- Register your email address with Waymarker Hospitality for delivery of comment cards, newsletters, marketing initiatives such as contests, or for other purposes.
While using our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
When using Waymarker services or making a reservation we do require information that can identify you, allow us to contact you and to process payment on any purchases or for any specific requests. This personal information will include your name, address, phone number, email addresses, credit card number and expiration date. It may also include any preferences regarding delivery of services to you, such as type of room, bed, or other in-room experience related preferences. Your email address will be added to our email subscription list, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
You are free to refuse to provide your personal information to us, but we will not be able to accept any reservation from a person without the necessary personal information.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to reasonable notice, and any legal or contractual restrictions, by using the 'Unsubscribe' methods as outlined below in the Usage of Data section, and provide us with the necessary personal identifiers so we can accommodate your request.
Usage of Data
We may offer services, specials or packages that involve third parties. If you are purchasing or partaking in the delivery of a package or service, your personal information may be shared with that third party provider to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Waymarker may use the information provided to send you offers or information about Waymarker’s services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to any third parties but the offer of the third party will be provided to Waymarker to deliver.
If you do not wish to receive any offers or information beyond critical communication related to a reservation you have made with us, you may unsubscribe or opt-out by:
- Sending a reply e-mail using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with the necessary identifiers so we can properly unsubscribe you from our services.
- All marketing emails will contain an “unsubscribe” link and by clicking on this link, your name and email address will be unsubscribed from our services.
Information provided to us in guest comment cards or emails will be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you in respect to those comments, storage of your comments, reviewing your comments with the appropriate property and staff, for the purposes of addressing your comments, recognizing employees for hospitality excellence in relation to your comments and for implementing improvements in our services and systems.
We may also collect information on how our websites are accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service.
You can refuse all cookies, or indicate when a cookie is being sent, by adjusting the privacy settings in your browser. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Google Advertising Cookies: We use these cookies to help tailor advertising to be more relevant to users.
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to enhance and deliver our online services.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings when visiting our online services.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes on our online services.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Waymarker Hospitality may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Waymarker Hospitality
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services
- To protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To a travel agent who is acting on behalf of a guest for the purposes of booking a reservation
- To deliver your personal information to any Waymarker property so that the property may provide the services to you
- To a third party involved in supplying the guest with any purchased services
- To perform any functions such as handling reservations, data processing or storage, analytics research
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services ("Service Providers"), to provide on our behalf, to perform services or to assist us in analyzing how our services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.